Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kaylee's first day of preschool!!!!

Today, Tuesday June 22, 2010 was Kaylee's first day of preschool. She is going to Bethany Baptist in Clark Ave here in Long Beach. Lucky enough my good friend Joanna's son, Madden goes there as well. Kaylee is starting out in their summer program going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 - 1.

I think that this for me, was one of the most emotional days that I have ever had besides the two days that my babies were born. The thoughts of abandonment that run through your head are crazy. These babies heading off to school may be nervous and a bit timid of their new surrounds that do not include mommy or daddy but the level of thinking on their part stops there, I'm sure. Now for us parents, or for me anyways, I have had butterflies in my belly for days now, this morning I couldn't eat, and the overwhelming feeling to cry when I was driving home was out of my control. Does she think I am leaving her for good? Does she realize I will be back to get her? Good GOD it is rediculous the thoughts that were running through my mind. I am better as I write this but don't let me fool you I have been on the phone trying to get ahold of Ms. Jan to let me know how bugs is doing!


Kaylee in bed after I woke her up telling me she doesn't want to go to school
Eating her favorite pancakes for breakfast!!

Princess back pack and Hello Kitty lunch box....the best of both worlds!!

My BIG preschooler!!


What a big girl my bugs is. She was over the picture taking at this point

Angel face






Kaylee's teacher, Ms. Gina! She is in the yellow room

She is so great. She wanted to go off and explore on her own.

She'll show em that she's not afraid. She just got right in there and started playing even before Maddy got there.

YAY! Maddy's here!

Time to line up and get the day started!



"We're in this together!" Kaylee grabbed Maddy's hand as they walked into the gym and it stayed that way. :) They are so adorable!!
Ok....so I just called the school to check on Kaylee and Ms. Jan (wonderful secretary) just told me that Kaylee and Maddy have buddied up and that she is doing great!! :) Again.....thank goodness for Maddy!!!
Preschool Part II will be done later today after I pick her up....

















1 comment:

  1. I so understand what you're going through! The day I put Haley on the bus for Kindergarten my heart was just breaking. Thinking back when I saw her wave and blow kisses through the window still brings tears to my eyes. They grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete