Saturday, March 6, 2010

LB Airport

Unfortunatly I do not have any pictures to go along with this post! I could really kick myself for not but we were not expecting to go by th airport last night. Anyways, Kaylee has always had a fasination with airplanes, guess she gets that from her BoBo. One thing though that she has NOT had a fasination with are the fighter jets, F-15's I believe, that land at LB airport every few days. I always run outside to see them fly over but kaylee usually either runs to one of us or takes cover somewhere. We recently started taking Kaylee to the airport to watch the airplanes land and take off like I used to do with Dad when I was a kid, those memories have always been some of my favorites.

Kaylee was a fan right away and became even more of a fan when one pilot tipped his wings to wave at her after he took off. We were lucky enought to see two C-17's take off and when they taxied down the runway, she waved at the pilots and they gave her a big wave back. After that she was not afraid of the monster aircraft but still did NOT want to be there when the fighter jets came in.

Last night she asked if we could go by there after dinner. She and Jace got out of the car while I fed Macie and he threw her up on his shoulders. We heard the engines start up but couldn't see them so she didn't know what was happening until they taxied right past her. A little hesitant at first she gave them a half hearted wave and put her hands over her ears as if she would die if she didn't. The sight of those guys taking off at night was absolutley awesome!! Ang will totally make fun of me now but the glow as they take off and the way your whole body vibrates is an experience, not to mention hoping the windows in the car didn't explode. After they took off, bugs got back in the car and when I asked her how she liked it she replied, "I'm not sure yet Mommy." Two seconds later she yelled out, "That was awesome!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment