Sunday, May 3, 2009

Macie's Room!!



















I am so excited with the way Macie's room came out! I always seem to have a great idea in my mind but the execution of that idea usually falls short in some way or another. This time....it came out just as I wanted. :) We had the father-in-law of a guy that JC works with come out and put up waynescotting in the room and then JC painted it white with the chocolate brown on the walls. It is the exact brown that I wanted (amazed it worked out that way). We brought in the crib that was once Kaylee's and I added the chocolate brown bumper and the chocolate brown crib skirt that mom sewed to match. The blanket that hangs over the crib is from a lady on Etsy.com (my FAVORITE website) who made that for me as well as the painting of the birds on the wall above the rocking chair. I also purchased the decal above the crib that says "tweet dreams" from Etsy. Paula and John bought Macie the pink chenille rocker because I still use the one that they bought us for Kaylee so much that I knew we were going to need another one. The jumbo safety pin from Auntie Ali holds up an adorable hanging that Auntie Shawn made which has chocolate brown squares to put pictures of my girls in. Then of course there is the mobile..........that I MADE! Yes folks you read that right.....I made it with my own two hands and a hot glue gun! LOL! Who knew that I could actually do something crafty?! I just may start selling them on Etsy.com. I am so in love with this room and often go and sit in there just to pat myself on the back ;) I think that Macie is going to be a very happy girl in this room and Kaylee thinks so as well, Kaylee points to the crib and says "MayMay ni night!"

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Wen! I <3 Etsy too... I'm always shopping there! :D

    ReplyDelete